Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Pop-up - Squiggle Project #5

So, I'm a little behind schedule in getting projects posted - so over the next couple weeks I will be working on catching up.

This project was actually done around Valentine's day as you might have guessed. :-)  We were on our way to Houston, via plane, and I figured what better use of time than to work on another Squiggle Project.  So, I went through the book as usual and decided to try something I've not done yet... make a pop-up.  In all my years of card making I have never done a pop-up.  There are actually really simple instructions in the book, which is what I decided to use.  When I started I planned on using triangles as my design since that is what the center folds end up being. But after I cut the paper and made the folds... I quickly discovered I had a talking piece of paper - :-)  LOL!  It made a simple opening that resembles a mouth.  So, in the spirit of Valentine's Day... I created a set of big red lips with the pop-up in the center and for some additional color on the page - a few fun hearts. This one mounted to a piece of mat board could make a really fun 3-dimensional piece.  
So, with a big ole' kiss... have a great day and tell someone you love them!!

1 comment: